Welcome to Croydon Ramblers.
If you enjoy walking come and join Croydon Ramblers!
Croydon Ramblers was founded in 1950, the first of Ramblers’ local groups, and we are also one of the largest local groups in Surrey.
Our main activity is our extensive walking programme of about thirty walks a month. We have walks on most days of the week and sometimes there is a choice to cater for Ramblers’ abilities and experience.
Members of other groups are always welcome, and non-members are invited to come with us for two or three walks before joining Croydon Ramblers.
We also have:
- Group holidays in this country and abroad
- Visits to places of interest
- Social events at different times of the year
- A footpath working party
We are part of Ramblers, the main charity in Britain which promotes walking and public access to the countryside.
When you join Ramblers you enjoy the benefits, such as a quarterly Walking magazine, access to walks all over the country and substantial discounts at outdoor equipment shops, but you are also contributing to the charity’s campaigning work to save the footpath network and access to open spaces.
We are one of sixteen groups in the Surrey Area of Ramblers. For more information visit Surrey Ramblers main web site where you can get immediate access to:
- Recent events and features of Area and National relevance
- Links to Ramblers’ website and key pages
- Back copies of South East Walker
- Walking related information on Surrey County Council’s website
- All the other groups in Surrey
- South Downs National Park Authority